The first 50 units of SD60M locomotives delivered from EMD to the Burlington Northern had the 3 window North American Cab. The final 50 units were equipped with the revised two window North American Cab, which would ultimately become the EMD standard for locomotives built in the 1990's. Unique to this batch of locomotives was BN 1991, specially painted to pay tribute to the US and Canadian Burlington Northern employees who served during the 1990 Gulf War (Operation Desert Storm). BN also painted one of their International wide vision cabooses to go with the locomotive.
Equally, the early 1990's
saw a rapid increase in double stack intermodal traffic. Burlington Northern purchased rail cars from various manufacturers to compliment their existing fleet and to keep them competitive in the surging domestic container marketplace. Included in these purchases, were stand alone Gunderson Husky Stack cars which were designed to carry containers up to 48' in length.
- 3 EMD SD60M Phase II locomotives (# 1991, 9259, 9292)
- 48' Gunderson Husky Stack well cars
- International Wide Vision Caboose (Desert Storm paint scheme)
- Accurate Cabviews and Physics
- High Quality 22khz Audio
- 1 Ready to Run Consist
- Microsoft® Train Simulator (1.0 or higher)
- 35 MB of available hard disk space
- MSTSbin (For improved performance and physics handling)